Re: 20011002: install netcdf-perl

>To: address@hidden
>From: Yongmei Zhou <address@hidden>
>Subject: install netcdf-perl

Hi,

>       I am a new user of unidata. My first goal is to install netcdf-perl
> and decoder packages in my computer and then run it to decode testdata.wmo
> file. As I understand, I should install netcdf-perl first and then decoder.
> Unfortunatelly, I encounter many problems when I install netcdf-perl
> package. The following are msgs for your reference.

I forwarded your message to Steve Emmerson to help with the netcdf-perl
messages.

However, if you are using GEMPAK or McIDAS, then you don't actually
need the Unidata decoders package, because GEMPAK and McIDAS come with
their own decoders.  The only reason to use the Unidata decoders
package is in case you need the decoded data for an application other
than GEMPAK or McIDAS, for example if you are experimenting with the
MetApps prototype applications.

--Russ