20010822: NC_MAX_DIMS exceeded

>From: Reggie Chang <address@hidden>

Reggie,

>I got the message "NC_MAX_DIMS exceeded".
>Does it imply I define too many dimensions?

Yes.

>Is there a way to relax that limit?

You could change the value in the header file (libsrc/netcdf.h) and rebuild
your library.  Be aware that if you do this, you will have to continue
doing this with each new netCDF release you install.  Also, your file
will not be usable by netCDF users who do not redefine NC_MAX_DIMS.

>I need to save many arrays with different sizes.  Is
>this the cause of that error message?

The commentary in netcdf.h regarding NC_MAX_DIMS is:

#define NC_MAX_DIMS     100      /* max dimensions per file */

>Your information is very much appreciated.
>Reggie Chang

>ZONA Technology, Inc.
>7430 E. Stetson Dr, Ste 205
>Scottsdale, AZ 85251-3540