20010717: F90 interface (typeSizes.mod)?

Timothy,

> To: address@hidden
> From: Timothy Schneider <address@hidden>
> Subject: F90 interface (typeSizes.mod)?

> Hello - I have just downloaded and installed the netCDF 3.5.1-beta
> libraries, in hopes of using the F90 interface.  The build appeared to
> be successful, however when I try to compile either the sample code
> (provided) or my code (using Portland Group F90), I get the following
> error:
>
>     > >pgf90 -c netcdf_test.f90
>     >  PGF90-F-0004-Unable to open MODULE file typesizes.mod
> (netcdf_test.f90: 7)
>     >  PGF90/any Linux/x86 3.1-2: compilation aborted
>
> I have linked the netcdf.mod as suggested in the F90 users guide.   I
> have searched the online help (and FAQ) as well as the src directories
> for any reference to the typesizes module to no avail.  Any
> suggestions/assistance would be most welcome!
>
> Thanks
>         Timothy

The file "typesizes.mod" (with capitalization variations) should have
been created in the "f90/" subdirectory of the source distribution.  If
it's still there, then you could manually copy it to the "include/"
installation subdirectory (where the file "netcdf.mod" should already
exist).

Otherwise, you can replace the file "Makefile" in the "f90/"
subdirectory with the enclosed, newer version and make its "install"
target.  If you go this route, then please let me know if the newer
makefile worked.

Note that there is no standard way to tell a Fortran-90 compiler where
the module files reside.  You'll have to consult the pgf90 guide for how
to do that.

Regards,