20010709: configuring NetCDF (linux pgf90/gcc)

Orenthal,

>Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2001 11:09:08 -0400
>From: "Orenthal J. Tucker" <address@hidden>
>To: Steve Emmerson <address@hidden>
>Subject: Re: 20010709: configuring NetCDF (linux pgf90/gcc)

> Everything seems to be working good now.

Great!

> Everything worked I only had to change CPPFLAGS='-DNDEBUG
> -DpgiFortran' to only CPPFLAGS=-DpgiFortran.

Not defining the "NDEBUG" macro results in a netCDF library that
contains enabled C assertions.  This is not necessarily a bad thing --
although it's more common in conjunction with the "-g" option to the C
compiler.

> How long does it take to produce the output for a test case using the
wrf model? I'm using a single processor.

I don't know anything about "the wrf model".  I just help maintain the
netCDF library.

Regards,