Re: 20010703: netCDF parallel version for IBM SP plans

>To: address@hidden
>cc: Harsh Anand <address@hidden>
>From: Harsh Anand <address@hidden>
>Subject: netCDF parallel version for IBM SP plans

Hi Harsh,

> NERSC users are very interesed  in netCDF parallel version for IBM SP.
> What are UNIDATA  plans?  Do you know of any other site who may
> have such a version?

We wrote a proposal to get support for development of a parallel
version of netCDF

 http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/staff/russ/netcdf/itr/

but it didn't get funded.  I will be rewriting the proposal soon to
seek support elsewhere, but there is currently no work going on to
develop a parallel version of netCDF for IBM SP, except possibly at
NOAA FSL.  I have just sent email to check on the status of their
efforts, to find out if they made any progress since they mentioned
looking into it back in March.

--Russ