Re: NetCDF manual in Japanese

Masato,

> In relation to the link to our version of the manual, we are just
> thinking that we can set a mirror site for the NetCDF software or the
> NetCDF web page.  I found on your web page that there is only one
> mirror site in Europe at present.  Please let me know your idea about
> the mirror site.

It would be great to have a mirror site in Japan.  I'm not very
familiar with the details of setting up mirror sites, but I think the
"wget" software available from

  http://www.gnu.org/software/wget/wget.html

is one way to do it.

If you decide to set up a mirror site, please let us know and we'll
add a link to it on our Mirror sites page

  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/netcdf/mirrors.html

Occasionally we find it's useful to know how many sites have
downloaded the netCDF software and documentation during a certain time
interval, so if you decide to set up a mirror site it would be good to
log accesses so we could add accesses from mirror sites to get more
accurate totals.

--Russ