Re: netcdf 3.5.0 on a Cray T3E

>From: Martin Schmidt <address@hidden>
>Subject: netcdf 3.5.0

Hi Martin,

> I am trying to install the new netcdf-lib at a Cray t3e.
> However, make test fails with an operand range error (signal 11).
> It would be great, if you could find some time to have a look
> at the log files.

In netCDF 3.5.0, the Fortran 90 interface didn't work on platforms for
which the default integer size was 8 bytes, so if you can get along
with just the Fortran 77 interface (as well as the C and C++
interfaces), you can just use the build settings recommended for
UNICOS at

    http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/netcdf/INSTALL.html#unicos

If you need the Fortran 90 interface (which is considerably simpler to
use than the Fortran 77 interface), you could try a test version of
netCDF 3.5.1 in which we hope the problem with 8-byte default integers
is fixed.  If you can help us test this by telling us whether you
encounter any problems with

  ftp://ftp.unidata.ucar.edu/pub/netcdf/netcdf-3.5.1-beta.tar.Z

on your Cray T3E, we would appreciate it.

--Russ