20010514: SX-4 port

Richard,

We don't have access to an SX-4 system, so the amount of help we can
give is limited.

Becase an SX-4 system is close to a CRAY, I suggest that you first try
building the netCDF package as if the target platform was a CRAY (see #1
below).

Here's a list of relevant resources:

    1.  The "Other Builds" web page for the netCDF package at
        <http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/netcdf/other-builds.html>.
        This has instructions for building on UNICOS systems.

    2.  The file INSTALL.html in the top-level directory of the source
        distribution.  In particular, see the section entitled "Porting
        Notes".

    3.  The archive of netCDF support email at
        <http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/glimpsedocs/ghnetcdf.html>.  You
        can search for "SX-4"-related strings.

    4.  The archive of the netcdfgroup emailing-list at
        <http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/glimpsedocs/ghnetcdfgroup.html>.

Please contact me if you have additional questions.

Regards,