Re: 20010320: DIICOE / JTA compliance

>From: Curt Davis <address@hidden>
>Subject: DIICOE / JTA compliance

Hi Curt,

> Has netCDF been evaluated for Joint Technical Architecture (JTA) and/or
> Defense Information Infrastructure Common Operation Environment (DIICOE)
> compliance?
>
> If so, to what level of compliance has it "reached?"

We have not been involved in any such compliance verification, though
it's possible someone else has done this.

Here's an interesting paper that happens to mention both JTA and
netCDF, but doesn't answer your question directly:

 http://www.dodccrp.org/2000CCRTS/cd/html/pdf_papers/Track_5/126.pdf

And here's a document that shows netCDF is used in the MEL system, but
again doesn't directly address your question:

 http://netgis.geo.uw.edu.pl/grass/data/svd02a.pdf

If you can't find any more information about this, it might be an
appropriate question for the address@hidden mailing
list, which may have other developers on it who know more about these
compliance issues.  However, be warned that this mailing list goes to
over 1000 developers, so make sure you don't misspell anything :-).

--Russ