20010202: specifying which fortran 77 to use for netCDF

>From: Albert Sechurl Kim <address@hidden>

Albert,

>My name is Albert Kim in civil engineering department in UCLA.
>
>I am using GNU fortran 77 and Pacific Siera fortran 90 in RedHat linux 6.0.
>How can I handle netcdf files in my system?
>
>I installed your netcdf-beta.tar.Z in  my linux box, but "make" process can
>not be
>done properly. The message said I don't have proper compiler or my OS is
>not being supported.
>
>Do I have any method to handle netcdf files using GNU fortran 77 in my
>redhat linux box?

You can specify which Fortran compiler to use by defining the FC
environment variable before doing the configure step of the build.
Please see the INSTALL document in the netCDF distribution for details
about setting environment variables that will be used by configure to
create the netCDF Makefiles.  Also, after setting any of the
environment variables for the first time, you will need to do a 'make
distclean' before rerunning configure.

>Sincerely yours
>Albert
>Albert Sechurl Kim