Re: RMI with netCDF and java

Brian,

>Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2000 11:43:41 -0800
>From: Brian Schlining <address@hidden>
>To: netCDF java <address@hidden>,
>To: netCDF support <address@hidden>
>Subject: RMI with netCDF and java

> I'm also wondering if it might be easier to register the netcdf files on
> a DODS (distributed oceanographic data system) server. It doesn't look
> like the DODS-java classes have much in the way of client functionality
> yet but if anyone knows otherwise please let me know.

I'm currently working on a DODS "backend" for the VisAD analysis &
visualization package.  I expect to be able to retrieve netCDF datasets
using a DODS URL specification.

Information on VisAD can be found at

    http://www.ssec.wisc.edu/~billh/visad.html

Information on the DODS Java-client package can be found at

    http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/dods/index.html

Regards,