Re: Comiling WinNT netCDF C++ interface for version 3.5 beta3 linkerror

Steven Marsh wrote:

> John Caron wrote:
>

> > > Subject: Comiling WinNT netCDF C++ interface for version 3.5 beta3 link
> > > error
> > > To: address@hidden
> > >
> > > Hi.
> > >
> > > I am trying to compile the netCDF C++ interface for version 3.5 beta3.
> > > I have succesfully compiled the C interface but when I attempt to nmake
> > > /f msoft.mak in the cxx directory I get the following link error
> > >
> > >  link.exe /nologo /dll /incremental:no /DEFAULTLIB:..\libsrc\netcdf.lib
> > > /out:netcdfpp.dll /implib:netcdfpp.lib netcdf.obj ncvalues.obj
> > > netcdf.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _ncerr
> > > netcdf.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _ncopts
> > > netcdfpp.dll : fatal error LNK1120: 2 unresolved externals
> > >
> > > is this usual or have I done something wrong somewhere.
> > >
> > > Thanks in advance
> > > Steve.
> >
> > 1) We have netcdf 3.5 libraries prebuilt for Win 95/98/NT, available at
> >
> > ftp://ftp.unidata.ucar.edu/pub/netcdf/contrib/win32/netcdf-3.5.win32bin.ZIP.
> >
> > 2) If you need to do your own source build, did you get the msoft.mak
> > file from
> >
> > ftp://ftp.unidata.ucar.edu/pub/netcdf/contrib/win32/netcdf-3.5.win32make.ZIP.
> > ??
>
> Thanks John for your reply. Yes I did get both files you suggest.  The link
> error
> reported above occurred with the msoft.mak file in ...win32make.zip.
>
> I would be happy to use precompiled (dll) code, but I was hoping to use the
> c++
> interface and the ...win32bin.zip file appears to only contain the C dll.
>
> Do you have any further suggestions?

It looks like I got the static library to build (netcdfpps.lib), but not
the dynamic library. Can you use that? If not, I can go back and try to
figure out why the dll build failed. (the problem is I'm not a C++
programmer, so I've been winging it).