Re: 20000914: netcdf 3.4 compiled with MS VC++ V6

Hi Ken:

> I have perused your netCDF site in hopes of an answer. I am trying to build
> an application that uses the netCDF 3.4 libraries.

> The environment is: NT 4 SP3 using Microsoft Visual C++ V6. I found the
> prebuilt libraries/dlls built with MS VC++ V5. I also found the nmake files
> for V5. Do you know if the V6 version is supported??  Can I just use the V5
> nmake files with V6??

-----------------------------------

1) you might want to use netcdf 3.5 instead. Its almost our standard version:

  ftp://ftp.unidata.ucar.edu/pub/netcdf/netcdf-3.5-beta3.ZIP

2) I suspect you need to recompile for VC6, but I'm not positive. The premade
binaries are at
  ftp://ftp.unidata.ucar.edu/pub/netcdf/contrib/win32/netcdf-3.5.win32bin.ZIP.
and you might want to give them a try first.

3) I'm appending a message from someone who successfully compiled under VC6
without changing the 3.5 make file.  Get the 3.5 make files from

ftp://ftp.unidata.ucar.edu/pub/netcdf/contrib/win32/netcdf-3.5.win32make.ZIP

Regards, John