Re: release of 3.5 netcdf

>To: address@hidden
>From: Darien Davis <address@hidden>
>Subject: Re: 20000905: release of 3.5 netcdf

Hi Darien,

> Sorry to bother you again. You had referred us to the beta version
> of the netcdf files...do you have any idea when it will be officially
> released?
> Any date would be great.

It's been on the back burner for a while, for lack of people to put
the final release together and test it on lots of exotic platforms.
There have been a few very minor changes to what's in the current beta
release, but we aren't waiting on anyone for anything in particular,
just some concentrated time to do the final testing and release
engineering that's necessary to create a new release.  Yours is
actually the first question we've had about this, so we haven't felt
much pressure to get moving on it.

I'll try to get a final netCDF 3.5 release out by the middle of
November.  If you need something sooner, feel free to use the current
netCDF-beta3 release, as it will be almost identical to the final
release unless we run into any unanticipated difficulties during the
final testing and release engineering.

--Russ