Re: 20000711: Errors while running "make test"

>To: address@hidden
>From: Daniel Fredette <address@hidden>
>Subject: Errors while running "make test"

Hi Dan,

>    I ran across some errors while running "make test".  I have supplied
> the information that you request.  Any help would be greatly
> appreciated.
>
>       A) Linux sysm3x 2.2.5-15smp #1 SMP Mon Apr. 19 22:43:28 EDT i686
> unknown
>
>       B) 3.4
>
>       C) Fortran:   /usr/local/pgi/linux86/bin/pgf90
>            C:         /usr/bin/gcc
>
>       D) configure.log: Attached

Looks OK, except for the line

  checking how to run the C preprocessor... //usr/local/pgi/linux86/bin/pgf90
-g -w

which looks like it's using the Portland Group Fortran compiler as a C
preprocessor.  That may be a symptom of an error in the configure
script.  I'll forward your full report to our "configure" expert to
see if he can figure it out ...

The subsequent output indicated that the C interface was built with no
problems; only the Fortran interface failed.  If you only need the C
interface, you can use the library as is.

--Russ