Re: 20000614: Problem with netcdf-3.3.1

>From: "CSN Indonesie" <address@hidden>
>Subject: Problem with netcdf-3.3.1

Hi,

> i would want to install GMT. First, i try to intall netcdf-3.3.1.
>
> My Sun Os is :
>
> merapi.opales$ uname -a
> SunOS merapi 5.5.1 Generic_105428-01 sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-5_10
>
> When i lanch ./configure --prefixe=/opt with these env variables.
>
> SunOS laraine 5.6 Generic sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-2
> CC=/opt/SUNWspro/bin/c89
> CPPFLAGS=
> CFLAGS=-g
> FC=/opt/SUNWspro/bin/f77
> FFLAGS="-g -erroff=WDECL_LOCAL_NOTUSED"
> CXX=/opt/SUNWspro/bin/CC
>
> i get this mistake :
>
> checking for C-equivalent to Fortran routine "SUB"... ./configure: nm: not
> found

The error in the output from the configure script indicates that the
script was unable to locate the "nm" utility -- probably because
the directory containing it isn't in your PATH environment variable.

Try the following:
    1.  Locate the "nm" utility.  Our Solaris systems have a couple:
        /usr/xpg4/bin/nm and /usr/ccs/bin/nm.
    2.  Add the directory containing "nm" to your PATH environment
        variable.
    3.  Go to the top-level, netCDF, source directory.
    4.  Perform steps 3 through 9 near the end of the INSTALL file.

Also, the 3.3.1 version you are using is no longer supported, though
it may work OK with GMT.  The latest general release of netCDF is
version 3.4, available from

  ftp://ftp.unidata.ucar.edu/pub/netcdf/netcdf.tar.Z

and a more recent beta test version is also available from

  ftp://ftp.unidata.ucar.edu/pub/netcdf/netcdf-beta.tar.Z

If you still have problems installing the 3.3.1 version after updating
your PATH, you might want to try one of the above releases.

--Russ