20000614: Small error in Makefile for netcdf f90

Glenn,

In the above message, you wrote:

> I have discovered a small error in the Makefile for the f90 interface to
> netcdf.
>
> In the Makefile for the 'test' target, you have a line that looks like:
>
> $(NCDUMP) example.nc >example.cdl; \
>
> NCDUMP is defined in ../macros.make as 'ncdump'.
>
> On a system with no previous install of ncdump (like the system I'm working
> on now), this test fails because ncdump is not yet available on the user's
> PATH. Relative to the f90 subdirectory, ncdump lives in
> ../ncdump/$(NCDUMP). You might argue the mistake is in macros.make which
> ought to give a directory part to the path.
>
> It's a small point but even with a existing netcdf installation, I believe
> it's better to test using the newly compiled ncdump rather than the one
> that would be  available elsewhere on the system.

The makefile in the f90/ subdirectory of the netCDF package has been
modified so that the NCDUMP macro now references "../ncdump/ncdump".
This is consistent with the treatment of the macros NCDUMP and NCGEN in
the ncgen/ and ncdump/ makefiles, respectively, and should solve your
problem.

This change will be incorporated in the next release.

Thanks for the feedback.

Regards,