20000524: DEC Alpha/OSF1 installation: bypassing C++ build

Arastoo,

In the above message, you wrote:

> I just realized that was the problem.  We do not have C++ compiler and
> I was using the C compiler.  Is there any way to get around it and
> create the libraries without the C++?

The way to ensure that the C++ interface is not built is to define the
environment variable CXX as the empty string prior to executing the
configure script.

Do the following:

    1.  Go to the top-level, source directory.

    2.  Perform steps 3 through 5 near the end of the INSTALL file.

    3.  Ensure that the environment variable CXX is set to the empty
        string.

    4.  Perform steps 6 through 9 near the end of the install file.

Regards,