Re: 20000511: config

>To: address@hidden
>cc: address@hidden (Xiangdong Zhang)
>From: Xiangdong Zhang <address@hidden>
>Subject: config

Hi Xiangdong,

> when i install netcdf on the silicongraphics o2, it seems something
> wrong. i would like to enclose config.log. could you please help me
> to fix the probelms? thanks a lot.

Even when the configure script succeeds, the config.log file has error
messages in it, because it's the error output from the configure
script investigating the features of your system.  The INSTALL
instructions say to only look at config.log if something goes wrong
with configure:

    The configure script will also create the file "config.log", which
    will contain error messages from the utilities that the configure
    script uses in examining the attributes of your system.  Because
    such an examination can result in errors, it is *expected* that
    "config.log" will contain error messages.  Therefore, such
    messages do not necessarily indicate a problem (a better indicator
    would be failure of the subsequent "make").

If the configure script failed in some other way, please send a
description of the problem together with the items listed at the end
of the INSTALL file to "address@hidden".

If the configure script succeeded, I'd recommend that you assume that
configure worked and proceed with the next step of the installation
described in the INSTALL file.

And please see the notes on building netCDF under IRIX versions 6.2 or
6.5 or IRIX64 version 6.4 in the INSTALL file or on the web at

   http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/netcdf/INSTALL

--Russ