Re: 20000404: 3.4 build problem: Slackware Linux 2.2.13

Serban,

In the above message, you wrote:

> I couldn't find any solution to the the compiling problems I have
> on my Linux system so I decided to send you (hopefully) all the
> information needed to find out how I could try to solve the problem.
>
> Regards,
>
> Serban
>
> PS. I think that the problem is with the fortran compatibility, i.e.
> with the file cfortran.h. I couldn't find any newer version of this
> file, the ftp site given in cfortran.doc seems to be wrong. I also
> tried to switch of the compilation of the fortran compatibility using
> .configure --without-fortran, but it didn't work.

I noticed in the information you sent that the C macro "f2cFortran"
wasn't defined.  On most Linux systems, this macro must be defined.

Try the following:

    1.  Go to the top-level source directory.

    2.  Perform steps 3 through 5 near the end of the INSTALL file.

    3.  Ensure that the environment variable CPPFLAGS contains the
        string "-Df2cFortran".

    4.  Perform steps 6 through 9 near the end of the INSTALL file.

Please let me know if this helps.

Regards,