Re: 20000403: NetCDF with Matlab

>To: address@hidden
>From: Haijun Hu <address@hidden>
>Subject: matlab interfaces

Hi,

> I am considering installing netCDF on our Linux system with matlab5+.
> It seems to me that you have a interface package specifically for it.
> Can you advise on how to get this package and install it?

Yes, there are 3 Matlab interfaces for netCDF are described in the web
document "Software for Manipulating or Displaying NetCDF Data" at
  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/netcdf/software.html

The CSIRO MATLAB/netCDF interface is described at
  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/netcdf/software.html#CSIRO-MATLAB

PMEL's MexEPS MATLAB interface is described at
  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/netcdf/software.html#MexEPS

and a USGS NetCDF Toolbox for MATLAB-5 is described at
  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/netcdf/software.html#NC4ML5

One additional package, "fanmat", is available from our catalog of
contributed software at

  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/netcdf/contrib.html

I'm afraid I can't offer any comparison of these packages other than
the referenced descriptions, because I haven't used them.  The authors
have all expressed a willingness to answer questions about them and
provide limited support.

--Russ