Re: 20000320: Building f90 interface with VAST/f90 compiler...

>To: address@hidden
>From: Nuzhet Dalfes <address@hidden>
>Subject: Building f90 interface with VAST/f90 compiler...

Hi Nuzhet!

> I am trying to built the new f90 interface to netCDF using
> Pacific-Sierra Research's (free) VAST/f90 Fortran 90 compiler.
>
> I built the netCDF 3.5beta2 as recommended. Then I tried to make in the
> f90 directory.
>
> The error output of make (make.log) is attached. I couldn't figure which
> included piece is responsable for the warning and translation problems
> (remind you that VAST/f90 is not native; it translated in g77).

We didn't get the attachment with the error output from make.  Could
send that again?

As far as I know, you are the first to try VAST/f90 with the new f90
interface to netCDF.  Since its free to individual Linux users, it
should be a popular Fortran 90 platform.  We don't have VAST/f90 here
to reproduce the problems, but if I don't understand the problem from
looking at your make output I'll forward it to Robert Pincus, the
developer.

--Russ