Re: NetCDF on LinuxPPC

>To: address@hidden
>From: "Jon Erick Ween" <address@hidden>
>Subject: Re: 20000310: NetCDF on LinuxPPC

Jon,

> Thanks
>
> I saw this page, followed the suggestions about deleting (commenting) line
> 1204 in genlib.c and still got the error. I'm using a 2.2.x kernel, not
> 2.1.x. Could that cause trouble? I have to check which gcc is loaded. Should
> be the latest one. I was never able to find the RPM that supposedly was
> uploaded to RedHat, but I'll keep looking.

Sorry, but we don't have access to a LinuxPPC platform here on which
to reproduce and fix the problem.  (I ordered LinuxPPC 2000 for my
home G3 Mac, but it hasn't arrived yet.)

However, I did find the following file that seems to be an RPM for a
LinuxPPC version of netCDF 3.4:

ftp://ftp.sunet.se/pub/os/Linux/distributions/mklinux/mklinux-pre-R1/ppc/RedHat/RPMS/netcdf-3.4-5.ppc.rpm

--Russ