Re: NetCDF F90 interface test

>To: address@hidden
>From: Paul van Delst <address@hidden>
>Subject: Re: 20000310: NetCDF F90 interface test

Hi Paul,

> I just downloaded and installed the NetCDF F90 interface that you and
> Robert (I know him from SSEC) put together. Two (minor) things:
> 1) The link stage in the make file doesn't use the F90 macro.

Thanks, you're right.  We'll fix this in the Makefile when we
integrate F90 support into netCDF 3.5.

> 2) The example nc file created is the same as the CDL file except I have
> and extra variable "float ScalarVariable" with no attributes and a value
> of 10.

Right again, I've just fixed this so the example.cdl on the web site
now matches what's produced by the latest test program.

> I'm going to use the interface exclusively now the documentation is
> available.

> I have been encouraging people I work with to use Fortran90 for coding
> (if they're going to use Fortran at all) and use NetCDF as their default
> file format. Now with an F90 interface to NetCDF, my life is complete!

Maybe we should add "Making people's live's complete" to our mission
statement :-).  Thanks for the encouraging words.

--Russ