Re: 20000218: Re: add CYGWIN to cfortran.h?

John,

In the above message, you wrote:

> > > For the install to work:
> > > Edit the rules.make file and add the .exe to the
> > > BINDIR line for both the destination and the target.
> >
> > I'm afraid that's one change we won't make because the makefile would
> > then be useless on true Unix systems.
> >

> How about...
>
> export UNIX_SYS:=$(shell uname | cut -c1-6)
>
> # then later
> $(BINDIR)/$(PROGRAM): $(BINDIR) $(PROGRAM)
> ifeq ($(UNIX_SYS), CYGWIN)
>         cp $(PROGRAM).exe $@.exe
> else
>         cp $(PROGRAM) $@
> endif

Not all make(1) utilities support the above "ifeq" construct.  For
example, the SunOS 5.7 make doesn't.

> Attached is the netcdf-3.5 binary built for CYGWIN.

Thanks, but we'd really rather not become a repository for binaries not
built on in-house systems because it leads to distracting support
questions that we can't answer.

You could make it available, however.

Regards,