Re: I have question!2' read first'

Hi Hong sook jung,

> I am studying for meteorological science in Korea.
> I need your help.
> I have question about netcdf.
> I have nc files, such as A_C_JAN_NC, A_C_FEB_NC, A_C_MAR......,
> A_C_DEC.NC.
> I want to read and write nc files using fortran programming.
> What I want to know is JJA and DJF average.
> First I used grads options such as binary file
> for example,
> gradsnc
> sdfopen (file name)
> sdfopen (file name)
>
> d (variable).1
> d (variable).2
> d ave(var1+var2)
> but I can't display more than two files.
> As I wrote above, I want to read and write nc files using fortran
> programming.
> if you have example fortran program, I want to get it.
>
> If you know that, teach me.
> I am waiting for your reply.
>
> My English is very poor, so I hope you understand.

Yes, I understood fine.

There are many small examples of using Fortran to read and write
netCDF files in the NetCDF Users Guide for Fortran, available in
several versions (including HTML) from:

 http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/netcdf/docs.html

Another more extensive Fortran example is the appended "example.f"
program.  Finally, you can use the "ncgen -f" program that comes with
netCDF to generate programs to write a "foo.nc" file, and you can use
the "GENNET.F" program availabe from

 ftp://ftp.unidata.ucar.edu/pub/netcdf/contrib/gennet.f

to generate programs to read a given netCDF file.

      PROGRAM wrt_ncdf

C Example program (from Jeremy Kepner <address@hidden>)
C that creates a netCDF file.

       IMPLICIT NONE

       INCLUDE '/usr/local/include/netcdf.inc'

       INTEGER n_dim,x_dim,y_dim,z_dim
       PARAMETER(n_dim = 3, x_dim = 20, y_dim = 10, z_dim = 5)
       INTEGER dim_array(n_dim)
       INTEGER start(n_dim),count(n_dim)

       INTEGER ncid, errcode
       INTEGER x_id,y_id,z_id,arr_id
       REAL array(x_dim,y_dim,z_dim)
       INTEGER i,j,k

C      Put something into the array.
       DO i=1,x_dim
       DO j=1,y_dim
       DO k=1,z_dim
         array(i,j,k) = (i-1) + x_dim*(j-1) + x_dim*y_dim*(k-1)
       ENDDO
       ENDDO
       ENDDO

C      Create file.
       ncid = NCCRE('test.nc', NCCLOB, errcode)

C      Create Dimensions.
       x_id = NCDDEF(ncid, 'X', x_dim, errcode)
       y_id = NCDDEF(ncid, 'Y', y_dim, errcode)
       z_id = NCDDEF(ncid, 'Z', z_dim, errcode)

C      Create a variable.
C      Assign dimensions to array.
       dim_array(1) = z_id
       dim_array(2) = y_id
       dim_array(3) = x_id
       arr_id = NCVDEF(ncid,'array',NCFLOAT,n_dim,dim_array,errcode)

C      Skip attributes.

C      Leave definitions.
       CALL NCENDF(ncid, errcode)

C      Write variable to file.
       start(1) = 1
       start(2) = 1
       start(3) = 1
       count(1) = z_dim
       count(2) = y_dim
       count(3) = x_dim
       CALL NCVPT(ncid,arr_id,start,count,array,errcode)

C      Close the file.
       CALL NCCLOS(ncid, errcode)

      END