Re: 19991013: Does NetCDF support record I/O?

Terry,

In the above message, you wrote:

> Thanks for the quick response.  That clarifies further reading
> I've done in the Users Guide and some experimenting I've done
> with using ncgen to create some files similar to what I need.
>
> By the way, can you point to some CDL examples that use string
> data in a netCDF file?  There appears to be support, but I
> haven't found any good examples.

I'm afraind that I don't have any good examples to give you.  There is,
however, the section on string varibles in the User's Guide

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/netcdf/guidec/guidec-12.html#HEADING12-1353

and also the contrived tests in libsrc/t_nc.c, nctest/, and
nc_test/nc_test.c.  If that's insufficient, then I suggest requesting
examples from the netCDF mailling-list.

--------