Re: 19990917: netCDF software

>To: address@hidden
>From: Rob Lahaye <address@hidden>
>Subject: netCDF software

Hi Rob,

> Correction for your webpage:
>
>    http://laraine.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/netcdf/software.html
>
> IBM Data Explorer is wrongly listed as a commercial package.
> A couple of months ago it has been released as OpenSource
> and www.opendx.org is now its official webpage.
> Most of the info text is still okay (exept for the reference
> webpage: use www.opendx.org instead.
>
> Due to the OpenSource, the number of platforms it's running
> on is rapidly increasing (Linux, Solaris, WindozeNT etc).

Thanks for the information.  Lloyd Treinish had told me about this
back in June, but I neglected to follow up on it at the time.

I've fixed our web page as you suggest, except I linked to the "About
OpenDX" web page at

  http://www.opendx.org/about.html

instead of the OpenDX home page, since it seems to have more relevant
information and still has links to the other pages on the site.

I also added a short entry to our "What's New with netCDF?" page at

  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/netcdf/whatsnew.html

I plan to post an announcement to the netcdfgroup mailing list as
well, since this is good news for netCDF users.

--Russ