Re: 19990913: NCDF_OPEN error (NC_ERROR = 13) ATTN: Paul

Paul,

In the above message, you wrote:

> Paul M. Sommer
> Technical Support Engineer
> address@hidden
> 303.413.3920
>
> Dear Support,
>
> We have an IDL user working on a Windows 95 platform who is getting a
> "NC_ERROR = 13" error thrown when he executes a NCDF_OPEN command in IDL.  I
> have been unable to reproduce the problem here, but was told internally that
> your group might be able to shed some light on what the NC_ERROR = 13 refers
> to...
>
> Thanks in advance for any information you can provide.
>
> Best Regards,
> Paul -- RSI Technical Support Engineer

Positive error codes are system error codes rather than netCDF error
codes (which are all negative).  On my SunOS 5.7 system, an error code
of 13 means "Permission denied".  I don't know what it means on a
Windows 95 system.  You might try a little "strerror(13)" program.

Hope this helps.

--------