Re: 19990712: GrADS to netCDF convertion: temporal unit attribute

Ms. Semeena,

In the above message, you wrote:

>       I tried with the same attribute "12 hours since 1991-01-01" and
> created the ncdump file.  In that file  the units attributes show the
> correct values as "12 hours since 1991-01-01"

Then, as far as the netCDF library and the UDUNITS unit-conversion
library are concerned, the dataset is OK.

> But when opening this
> netCDF file either in grADS or in ferret it plots with 1 hour interval,
> which is plotting for only for January 1991 and half of February 1991.

This indicates a problem with the plotting software (GrADS and FERRET).

>       I serched in the web site given in your reply
> (http://www.unidata.ucar.edu).  But there also it is given that we can put
> as milliseconds since......... .  So I tried with  halfdays since.....
> whioch may be wrong.  Still I tried with that also, but then it plots with
> 1 day interval.
>       So how can I contact the creator of the plotting program?  Please
>  help me in this regard

Support for GrADS can be found at the following:

    <http://grads.iges.org/grads/>

Support for FERRET can be found at the following:

    <http://ferret.wrc.noaa.gov/Ferret/>

Good luck.

--------