Re: 19990623: netCDF problems on Linux RH 6.0

>To: address@hidden
>From: POLCHER Jan <address@hidden>
>Subject: netCDF problems on Linux RH 6.0

Jan,

> Thank you very much for your efficient help. IT WORKS !
>
> Now another question. Do I need to apply the patch to compile netCDF with
> pgf77 or has it been integrated in the V3.5 ? By the way when do intend to
> release the new version ? This might help me decide if I wait before
> installing on /usr/local.

I think the patch is independent of pgf77.  The version of cfortran.h
that makes pgf77 work as well as the patch are both part of version
3.5.

I'm not sure when we will finally release version 3.5.  We still have
to update some of the documentation, create release notes, incorporate
the win32 makefiles, and conduct a few more tests.  If we don't
encounter any unanticipated problems, we will announce a beta release
for testing in the next few weeks.

--Russ