Re: 19990616: netCDF -3.4

>To: netcdfsupport <address@hidden>
>From: gurdeep <address@hidden>
>Subject: netCDF -3.4

Hi Gurdeep,

>  I'm trying to install netCDF-3.4 on my system but I'm have some trouble
> with the 'make' file. In the WIN32_INSTALL file the fourth instruction
> says to type 'nmake /f msoft.mak' however this just gives me;
> NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'cl' return code '0x1'
>
> Any suggesions.....
> (My operating system is Windows NT)

The NMAKE program is supposed to be installed as part of your compiler
tools, with your development environment.  If you don't have NMAKE but
instead have some other version of the "make" program with a different
development environment, you may be able to use that instead.

If you don't have a compiler installed, then perhaps you should be
using a binary installation instead of trying to build the binaries
from source.  You can get the binaries and install them without
compiling anything by getting the file

 ftp://ftp.unidata.ucar.edu/pub/netcdf/contrib/win32/netcdf-3.4.win32bin.zip

--Russ