Re: 19990615: netCDF-3.4: what is nmake?

Gurdeep,

In the above message, you wrote:

>     I'm having trouble building 'netCDF.lib' and 'netCDF.dll' from the
> commands listed in the WIN32_INSTALL file. The command given is "nmake
> /f msoft.mak"
> What I don't understand is where am I supposed to get the "nmake"
> application from.
> Is there a website or do I already have this file somewhere?

nmake is a Windows utility for automatic building of packages from
sources.  It performs a function similar to the Unix make(1) utility
and comes with both the MicroSoft Fortran and MicroSoft C development
environments.  If you're attempting to build the netCDF package on a
Windows system, then you should already have this utility.

--------