Re: 19990608: netcdf on linux with NAG compiler

Chris,

In the above message, you wrote:

>   Do you know any problems using the NAG compiler (f95, release 1) with the
> netcdf library on RedHat 6.0?  I've added the line
> #define NAGf90Fortran
> to the cfortran.h file and make successfully builds the library, but
> make test fails with errors of the following kind:
>
> Obsolescent: ftest.F, line 1: Fixed source form
> Error: ftest.F, line 196: Inconsistent datatype for arg 4 in call to NCAGT
> Error: ftest.F, line 198: Inconsistent datatype for arg 4 in call to NCAGT
> Error: ftest.F, line 200: Inconsistent datatype for arg 4 in call to NCAGT
> Error: ftest.F, line 202: Inconsistent datatype for arg 4 in call to NCAGT
> Error: ftest.F, line 235: Inconsistent datatype for arg 4 in call to NCAGT
>
> Ultimately several of these lines crash the compile.  Looking through
> the ftest.F code, it seems these datatypes should be consistent with
> those compiled with make.
>
> Any thoughts?

How about "I wish the NAG Fortran compiler didn't exist?"  :-)

We've had problems with this compiler before.  Unfortunately, we don't
have it in-house, so we can't test against it.

Do you have access to another Fortran compiler on the system?

If not, then would you please try the following:

    1.  Perform steps 2 through 4 near the end of the INSTALL file.

    2.  Peform step 5 in the INSTALL file: set your environment variables
        as before but ensure that the following environment variables
        *contain* the indicated strings:

            ENVIRONMENT VARIABLE        SHOULD CONTAIN
            CPPFLAGS                    -DNAGf90Fortran
            FFLAGS                      -mismatch

        NOTE: The above value *are in addition to* any that you had
        before.

    3.  Perform steps 6 through 9 near the end of the INSTALL file.

Please let me know what happens.

--------