Re: 19990607: nf_test for netcdf-3.4

Brian,

In the above message, you wrote:

> The make test is failing here in the fortran part (using g77). Can you
> help
> Making `test' in directory /export/trichodon2/gmt/netcdf-3.4/src/fortran
> ar cru ../libsrc/libnetcdf.a fort-attio.o      fort-control.o  fort-dim.o
>  fort-genatt.o   fort-geninq.o   fort-genvar.o   fort-lib.o      fort-misc.o
>    fort-v2compat.o         fort-vario.o    fort-var1io.o   fort-varaio.o
> fort-varmio.o   fort-varsio.o
> ranlib ../libsrc/libnetcdf.a
> ./ftest
> *** Testing nccre ...
> *** Testing ncddef ...
> *** Testing ncvdef ...
> *** Testing ncapt, ncaptc ...
> *** Testing ncclos ...
> *** Testing ncvpt1 ...
> *** Testing ncvgt1 ...
> *** Testing ncvpt ...
> *** Testing ncopn, ncinq, ncdinq, ncvinq, ncanam, ncainq ...
> *** Testing ncvgt, ncvgtc ...
> *** Testing ncagt, ncagtc ...
> *** Testing ncredf, ncdren, ncvren, ncaren, ncendf ...
> *** Testing ncacpy ...
> *** Testing ncadel ...
> *** Testing fill values ...
> Returning to directory /export/trichodon2/gmt/netcdf-3.4/src
> Making `test' in directory /export/trichodon2/gmt/netcdf-3.4/src/nf_test
> f77 -o nf_test -O  test_get.o  test_put.o      nf_error.o      nf_test.o
>  test_read.o     test_write.o    util.o  fortlib.o ../libsrc/libnetcdf.a  -lm
> Undefined                     first referenced
>  symbol                           in file
> nf_get_vars_double__                test_get.o
> nf_inq_varnatts__                   test_read.o
> nf_get_vars_real__                  test_get.o

It appears that the linker isn't finding the netCDF version 3 Fortran
interface in the netCDF library -- which is odd since the first lines
above indicate that it was added to the library.

In order to diagnose the problem, I'll need more information.  Would you
please perform steps 2 through 8 near the end of the INSTALL file.

--------