Re: 19990607: installing netcdf 2.3.2 under Solaris 2.5

David,

In the above message, you wrote:

> Steve,
>
> I have tried installing 3.4 but I come up with the following problem:
>
> This file contains any messages produced by compilers while
> running configure, to aid debugging if configure makes a mistake.
>
> configure:1020: gcc -c -O -DNDEBUG conftest.c 1>&5
> unknown flag -lang-c
> unknown flag -Asystem(unix)
> unknown flag -Asystem(svr4)
> unknown flag -Acpu(sparc)
> unknown flag -Amachine(sparc)
> gcc: installation problem, cannot exec `cc1': No such file or directory
>

> Do you have any idea what the problem is?

Offhand, I'd say there's a problem with your compiler installation --
which will be a problem for any version of the netCDF package.

Try compiling the following, toy program:

    void main() {}

using the following command:

    gcc -c -O -DNDEBUG conftest.c

Does it compile?