Re: 19990602: netcdf "make test" failure under Red Hat Linux 2.2.5

Graham,

In the above message, you wrote:

> OK your account is being set up currently, should be available shortly.

I logged onto pro11 and built the netCDF package in ~emmerson/netcdf-3.4
twice with no problems (once with debugging and once optimized).  The
last (optimized) build used the following settings for the configure
script:

    CC=/usr/bin/egcs CPPFLAGS='-DNDEBUG -Df2cFortran' CFLAGS=-O FC=/usr/bin/g77
FFLAGS="-O -Wno-globals" CXX=/usr/bin/g++ ./configure &>configure.log

I'm afraid I can't explain why I had no problems and you did.

I suggest using the installation I made.  Just copy
~emmerson/netcdf-3.4/{bin,include,lib,man} to wherever you want it.
Alternatively, copy the installation that Efstratios made.

Please contact me if you have any questions or further problems.

--------