Re: 19990519: Core Dumped on SGI machines?

>From: Rui Gong <address@hidden>
>Subject: Core Dumped on SGI machines?

Hi Rui,

>  I am using the NCAR CCM3.6, which uses NetCDF data. I had a problem
> while starting to simulate CCM.
>
>  CCM3.6 went into 'core dumped' mistake while reading NetCDF SST data. I
> downloaded NetCDF3.4 and compiled it to 64 byte lib; then link it to CCM
> program. Everything I do seems to be standard, and I just wonder what
> might be the causes.
>
>  Any suggestions would be welcome.

Sorry, but there's just not enough information about this problem for
us to be of much help.  If you knew which netCDF function was called
and what the arguments were, we might be able to suggest something,
but sometimes a "core dumped" error is just a symptom of an earlier
pointer or array bounds problem that might have nothing to do with
where the error appears to occur.

The people responsible for supporting the CCM code might know more
about how to track this problem down.

You might also try running "make test" on your SGI machine from the
top-level netCDF 3.4 directory, just to make sure the library you
built passes all the included tests.  If not, we can surely help with
that problem.

--Russ