Re: 19990517: Error trying to build netcdf 3.4

>To: address@hidden
>cc: address@hidden (Flanigan Robert BA-W 678-2717),
>cc: address@hidden
>From: Robert Flanigan 505-678-2717 <address@hidden>
>Subject: Error trying to build netcdf 3.4

Robert,

>       Just tried that and I still get the same error.  Thiought I
> had tried that before sending you the e-mail.  It looks like the
> ./configure has a hardcoded "-O" in it and does not use the FFLAGS!?
>
> THUNDER.ARL.MIL root /opt/netcdf/netcdf-3.4/src>cat config.log
> This file contains any messages produced by compilers while
> running configure, to aid debugging if configure makes a mistake.
>
> configure:1020: c89 -c -O -DNDEBUG conftest.c 1>&5
> configure:1153: CC -c  -DNDEBUG conftest.C 1>&5
> configure:1220: c89 -E -DNDEBUG conftest.c >/dev/null 2>conftest.out
> configure:1373: fort77 -c -O conftest.f
> fort77: POSIX 1003.2 mandates opt level following -O; expected values
> 0-4, received: conftest.f; ignored
> configure:1422: fort77 -o conftest -O conftest.F  -lU77
> fort77: POSIX 1003.2 mandates opt level following -O; expected values
> 0-4, received: conftest.F; ignored
> configure:1463: fort77 -c -O conftest.f
> fort77: POSIX 1003.2 mandates opt level following -O; expected values
> 0-4, received: conftest.f; ignored

Are you sure you removed the "config.cache" file before you invoked
the "configure" script?  Also make sure you set the environment
variable properly for the version of the shell you are using, for
example
  setenv FFLAGS "-O3 -w"
for csh or tcsh
  export FFLAGS="-O3 -w"
for bsh, sh, ksh, or bash.  Especially note the "=" in the latter
case.

If it still doesn't work, please send us the output from running the
configure script as well as the other information specified in the
last section on "REPORTING PROBLEMS" in the INSTALL file to help us
debug the problem.  We know the environment variable settings
specified in the INSTALL file at

     http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/netcdf/INSTALL

for HP-UX 10.20 systems have worked for building netCDF version 3.4 on
some HP-UX systems ...

--Russ