Re: 19990317: netCDF 3.4 for MachTen 4.x and RedHat Linux 5.2

>To: address@hidden
>From: Hartmut Peters <address@hidden>
>Subject: netCDF 3.4 for MachTen 4.x and RedHat Linux 5.2

Hi Hartmut,

> You might be interested in the following and consider posting it.
>
> Hartmut
>

> I just installed netcdf 3.4 on
>
> 1) MachTen 4.1.1 Unix (running on a Mac PPC)
> 2) Linux (RedHat 5.2 on a Pentium II)
>
> Concerning compilers, the 2 sytsems are similar, using gcc/g77/g++.
>
> Environment  settings
>
> PPFLAGS=-Df2cFortran
> CC=/usr/bin/gcc
> CFLAGS=-O
> FC=/usr/bin/g77
> FFLAGS=-O2
> CXX=/usr/bin/g++
> CXXFLAGS=-O
>
> work ok.  For MachTen, I had to modify ncgen/ncgentab.c,  exchanging the
> include file "values.h" (which is obsolete) with "float.h".

Thanks for reporting this.  I assume you meant "CPPFLAGS" above, where
you wrote "PPFLAGS".  I've added this information to our "Other
Builds of the netCDF Package" (referenced from the netCDF FAQ):

  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/netcdf/other-builds.html

and added you to our "NetCDF Credits" page at

  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/netcdf/credits.html

Since we have the information about Redhat Linux available on our
latest INSTALL page at

  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/netcdf/INSTALL

I filed the information under "MachTen (on a Mac PPC)".

--Russ