Re: 19990315: NetCDF compile help

Brett,

In the above message, you wrote:

> I have been trying my best to follow the instructions/examples in the
> INSTALL document.  (There's nothing I like better sometimes that just
> following good detailed instructions!)  Unfortunately, it seems that
> all of the compilers that are set up for my machine have different
> paths than what appears in the examples.
>
> I checked the /usr/bin directory and there is no CC.  I will try
> setting CXX to /usr/ncep/bin/c++ since I am assuming that the CXX
> variable should be pointing to a C++ compiler.
>
> If I still get errors, should I try looking for a C++ compiler that
> conforms to the C standard, just like c89 does versus cc?

Yes.  Try to use standard compilers whenever possible.

I would try the following settings:

    CC=/opt/ansic/bin/c89
    CPPFLAGS='-DNDEBUG -D_HPUX_SOURCE -w'
    CFLAGS=-O
    FC=/opt/fortran/bin/fort77
    FFLAGS='-O -w'
    CXX=/usr/ncep/bin/c++

Follow steps 2 through 9 in the install file and try the above settings
for step 5.

--------