Re: 19990215: NetCDF documentation

>To: Unidata Support <address@hidden>
>From: Steve Traylen <address@hidden>
>Subject: Re: 1999215: Problem with letter sized documentation.

Hi Steve,

> I have a problem with the documentation namely
> that I unable to  print out letter size documents only a4.
>
> I have access to a good latex system and it looks like the
> origional was produced from a latex document, maybe you could
> let me have that or somthing.
> In the first instance the NetCDF 3 for 'C'
>
> but also NetCDF 3 for FORTRAN since my boss uses that.

Unfortunately, the original is set of FrameMaker documents, not latex.
The process of creating the C and Fortran User's Guide from a single
parameterized source is a bit tedious, so we don't do it very often.
However, we will soon be releasing a minor netCDF revision (version
3.5 with a few bug fixes and portability enhancements) and at that
time we'll also remake the User's Guides.  I intended to create PDF
versions of both guides as well as Postscript, but I'll also try to
make A4 versions at the same time.  This will probably be in about a
month.  In the mean time, if you need printed copy sooner, I would be
happy to mail you a printed copy of each Guide if you reply with a
mailing address.

Let me know if the original FrameMaker source would be of any use to
you also, since I could make that available fairly easily.

--Russ