Re: 19990119: NetCDF

>To: address@hidden
>From: "Dr. Victor Manuel Mendoza Castro" <address@hidden>

Hi Dr. Mendoza,

> We work in the Atmospheric Sciences Center in the Universidad Nacional
> Autonoma de Mexico.We are interested in accessing NetCDF data converted to
> an ASCII human-readable form.
> We got from Netscape Unidata, that the software is available from
> ftp://iceberg.cs.wwu.edu/michael/NetCDF/
> but we think it is an Unidata error, because it is impossible to search
> that. Please give us the corrected site. We will be grateful to
> you.

The site you want is

  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/netcdf/

A program that converts netCDF data to a human-readable form is named
"ncdump" and is further documented here:

  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/cgi-bin/man-cgi?ncdump

The source code for the netCDF library and utility programs such as
ncdump are freely available from the first site mentioned above.