Re: 19990107: Information about NetCDF files

>To: address@hidden
>From: KRISHNADUTH GOOGOOLYE <address@hidden>
>Subject: Information about NetCDF files

Hi,

> Recently I, Mr Kreshna Googoolye, Technician at the University of
> Mauritius, obtained a CD from the Center for Clouds, Chemistry and
> Climate  containing 168MB of datasets of cdf files. The problem is that
> I do not have any software which can read these files in WINDOWS or DOS.
> I have surfed of the following site:http://www-c4.ucsd.edu and did get
> several softwares but, if I'm not mistaken, none run on windows or DOS
> operating systems. I would be very grateful if I could be helped out of
> this situation.

The netCDF home page, from which you can get information about netCDF,
is at

  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/netcdf/

If you just want to install the binary library, get a pre-compiled
version for windows from

  ftp://ftp.unidata.ucar.edu/pub/netcdf/contrib/win32/netcdf-3.4.win32bin.zip

If you want to compile netCDF from sources for Windows, you will have
to get the source distribution, available from

  ftp://ftp.unidata.ucar.edu/pub/netcdf/netcdf-3.4.zip

as well as the "nmake" makefiles for Visual C++, available from

  ftp://ftp.unidata.ucar.edu/pub/netcdf/contrib/win32/netcdf-3.4.makvc5.zip

You might also want to get the README and WIN32_INSTALL files from
that directory, for instructions and notes on installing the
software.

--Russ