Re: SOCRATES crashes calling NCVGT under SunOS 5.6

Martin,

In the above message, you wrote:

> I wrote to you a while back when I had a problem building the netCDF
> package on our SunOS 5.6 system with a fortan 90 compiler.
> Your suggestion was to use the latest version (3.4) and when I tried
> that it built fine.

Great!

> The reason why I used version 3.3 at first was that I try to run a
> 2-D model (SOCRATES constructed by Guy Brasseur and others) which is
> using netCDF files and was designed for the 3.3 version.  However, the
> model still crashes when it communicates with the netCDF in a call for
> NCVGT.  Do you have any idea what might be wrong?  Is it the netCDF or
> something else?

The problem could be due to the netCDF library (unlikely in my opinion)
or the SOCRATES program, or to a mis-communication between the two, or
to an improper build of either -- it's impossible to say without further
information.  Does the program crash when inside the NCVGT routine or
after it returns?  If NCVGT does return, what is the return code?  Are
the arguments to NCVGT legitimate or is one of them invalid?

I suggest that you run the SOCRATES program from within a debugger in
order to further resolve the problem.  Please let me know what you find.

--------