Re: netCDF Java

> Thanks for fixing the copyout() problem. That works fine now.  The
> unlimited dim problem is fixed as well.
>
> Do you have any thoughts on how to hook up the Entry.close() method?
> The NetcdfServer process gets pretty large after a few dozen netCDF
> files have been opened (and not closed).

What I was thinking is that I need to somehow intercept a client connection
shutdown (from UnicastRemoteObject) and call close() on any unreferenced
NetcdfFiles at that time.

It might make sense to export close() as a method available to the client.

> I was going to look at
> that, but I don't have a jdk1.1.7 rmic for Linux (1.1.6 is the latest
> available).

Thank the RMI team for this nonsense.

I'll have a look at it soon.

-glenn