Re: 19980923: netcdf in mpi2?

>To: address@hidden
>From: Jim Edwards <address@hidden>
>Subject: netcdf in mpi2?

Hi Jim,

> Do you know of any effort to develop a netcdf interface to
> mpi2?
> If anyone is working on this project I would like to get in
> contact with them for possible colaboration.

No, we aren't aware of anyone working on this currently, but Paul Le
Texier pointed out the CACM article on MPI-IO last year and provided us
some links to more information, in the support email message

   http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/glimpse/netcdf/2697

so he might be interested in the subject.

In a somewhat related effort, NERSC has succeeded in modifying netCDF so
that on Cray (and SGI?) computers, multiple processing elements can open
a netCDF simultaneously and achieve parallelism in accessing the data.
For more on this, see:

   http://www.nersc.gov/~rkowen/netcdf/

Information on how to use this parallelized version is available from

   http://www.nersc.gov/~rkowen/netcdf/usage.html

--Russ