Russ Rew: Re: 19980916: reference

------- Forwarded Message

Date:    Thu, 17 Sep 1998 07:55:57 -0600
From:    Russ Rew <address@hidden>
To:      "Nihat M. Gurmen" <address@hidden>
Subject: Re: 19980916: reference

>From: "Nihat M. Gurmen" <address@hidden>
>Subject: reference

Hi Nihat,

> I am using netCDF in my research.
>
> In the paper I am working on I would like to give a scientific reference to
> a paper which discusses netCDF data format. I didn't find a reference like
> that in your website.  Could you please give some pointers?

Sure, here are some:

 Brown, S. A, M. Folk, G. Goucher, and R. Rew, "Software for Portable
 Scientific Data Management," Computers in Physics, American Institute of
 Physics, Vol. 7, No. 3, May/June 1993, pp. 304-308.

 Fulker, D. W., "Unidata Strawman for Storing Earth-Referencing Data,"
 Seventh International Conference on Interactive Information and
 Processing Systems for Meteorology, Oceanography, and Hydrology, New
 Orleans, La., American Meteorology Society, January 1991.

 Jenter, H. L. and R. P. Signell, 1992. "NetCDF: A Freely-Available
 Software-Solution to Data-Access Problems for Numerical Modelers".
 Proceedings of the American Society of Civil Engineers Conference on
 Estuarine and Coastal Modeling. Tampa, Florida. (Also available as a
 PostScript file from
 http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/netcdf/netcdf.asce.ps).

 Kuehn, J.A., "Faster Libraries for Creating Network-Portable
 Self-Describing Datasets", Proceedings of the 37th Cray User Group
 Meeting, (Barcelona, Spain, March 1996), Cray User Group, Inc.

 Rew, R. K. and G. P. Davis, "NetCDF: An Interface for Scientific Data
 Access," IEEE Computer Graphics and Applications, Vol. 10, No. 4, pp.
 76-82, July 1990.

 Rew, R. K. and G. P. Davis, "The Unidata netCDF: Software for Scientific
 Data Access," Sixth International Conference on Interactive Information
 and Processing Systems for Meteorology, Oceanography, and Hydrology,
 Anaheim, California, American Meteorology Society, pp. 33-40, February
 1990.

 Rew, R. K. and G. P. Davis, " Unidata's netCDF Interface for Data Access:
 Status and Plans," Thirteenth International Conference on Interactive
 Information and Processing Systems for Meteorology, Oceanography, and
 Hydrology, Anaheim, California, American Meteorology Society, February
 1997.

> BTW, thanks for a great, easy-to-use, FREE scientific data format.

Thanks for using netCDF.

- --Russ

------- End of Forwarded Message