Re: 980911: nfconfig.inc missing from netcdf-3.4

Lynn,

In the above message, you wrote:

> I downloaded netcdf-3.4/ from ftp://ftp.unidata.ucar.edu/pub/netcdf/
> and the nfconfig.inc file required to run ftest.F is missing.  Do you
> know where I can get this file?

The file "fortran/nfconfig.inc" is created by the "configure" script
from the file "fortran/nfconfig.in".  Are you saying that the execution
of the configure script did not create the file?

> In addition- do you have a very simple fortran code that illustrates
> how to create, write data to, and read data from a NetCDF file?

The netCDF User's Guide for Fortran is full of examples.  It's available
at the following URL:

    http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/netcdf/docs.html

See chapter 4, in particular.

--------