Russ Rew: Re: 19980911: NetCDF FAQ and IDL

------- Forwarded Message

Date:    Fri, 11 Sep 1998 15:49:31 -0600
From:    Russ Rew <address@hidden>
To:      address@hidden
Subject: Re: 19980911: NetCDF FAQ and IDL

>To: address@hidden
>From: address@hidden
>Subject: netCDF FAQ

Hi Patrick,

> I didn't see IDL's netCDF routine's mentioned anywhere
> in the netCDF FAQ.
> Did I just miss it?  It might be good information for someone
> know if they are investigating netCDF for their data and
> use IDL.

It's not in the FAQ, but it is in a document referenced in the FAQ,
namely "Software for Manipulating or Displaying NetCDF Data" at

 http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/netcdf/software.html

where the IDL entry is under an "IDL Interface" section, and explains
how easy it is to use the IDL netCDF interface to read data into an IDL
variable.  See

 http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/netcdf/software.html#IDL

But thanks anyway for pointing out the omission from the FAQ.

- --Russ

------- End of Forwarded Message